EveryBody Deserves A Massage Week
It’s time to proudly show off the benefits of massage therapy & bodywork and celebrate what you do! From July 13-19, 2014, along with many individual massage therapists, we’re going to be supporting ‘EveryBody Deserves a Massage Week’. This is a time when we can all give back to our communities whilst spreading the word that massage therapy is for ‘every body’.
How can you share the gift of therapeutic touch, grow your massage therapy business & help others?
The ABMP has some great ideas and we’ve added a few of our own:
- Plan a massage-a-thon for donations to a local charity
- Organise a 5k race for your colleagues and clients to take part in – ask your local running group to get involved
- Donate massages to your local emergency lifesavers and caregivers i.e. your local Fire Department, Ambulance crews or Hospice nurses.
- Get your clients involved and invite all your past & present clients to come over for home-baked cakes & refreshments, for a small donation, after their massage. Make coupons to hand out with money off their next booked appointment.
- Get in touch with local businesses and offer chair massage for a donation to your chosen charity
- Team up with other Massage Therapists to swap ideas and inspiration
- Plan a Pamper evening with other local therapists and retailers and hold at your local school for hard-working teachers and parents. Provide a raffle with prizes and make it clear you’re raising money for charity.
- Offer post-workout class massages at your local gym
- Offer massages to senior residents with a particular focus on helping conditions such as rheumatism, arthritis, poor circulation, post-surgery recovery.
- Offer sleep-deprived new Moms & Dads a relaxing massage for a donation to your local children’s hospital.
- Offer free massages in return for canned goods to donate to a food program in your area
Working with your community to understand their needs is vital for your business. Life can be stressful and there are many who find it difficult to ask for help. The ‘EveryBody Deserves a Massage Week’ allows you to use your creativity and empathy to introduce massage to a new audience and make a difference to your community.
Take time to educate everyone about the benefits of massage: Which benefits would you add to the following list we started? – Add them in the comments section below:
- Reduce stress levels
- Promote better sleep quality
- Improve poor circulation
- Reduce anxiety and depression
- Increase joint flexibility
- Help post-surgery recovery
Whatever you do, make sure that you contact your local newspaper, radio & TV stations and spread your message via your favourite social networks. Create flyers to hand out and make sure local businesses include your event on their staff notice boards and newsletters.
We have a great poster that you can download to help promote your ‘Everybody Deserves a Massage Week’ events [download]
We’d love to hear what you’re going to do and how well it went. Let’s inspire everybody to learn more about how the benefits of massage therapy can improve everyone’s health, mood and mobility.